Friday 13 January 2012

Hormonal Friday...

Hello everybody,

Hop you are all well on this glorious January Friday. What a lovely day. Very seasonal down here in Devon, and it really is a glorious day.

So i had a dream the other night that i kept sneaking to the fridge when nobody was looking and eating scoops of pate behind the fridge door... i didnt bother looking this up as i know it is merely due to the fact that in my present condition pate has been banned from my diet and since New Years Eve there has been 2 packs of the stuff sat in our fridge which just happens to placed on the middle of the shelf at eye level. Being a MASSIVE lover of pate and cheese, particularly over the festive period, it has vexed me somewhat that i have had to resist. I was grateful of the dream and the naughty indulgence...i suppose i should feel a little ashamed, but i dont...so there!

Ive been a bit emotional today, not in a bad way necessarily, just the hormones talking. I seem to get choked up just by the smallest things. I asked a lady in clinton cards where the 'Bon Voyage' cards are kept and felt my eyes welling up! She must have thought i had anxiety issues or something! Poor girl, she did a good job. THEN i was standing in the bank waiting for my turn at the 'Position' if you will and i kept fiddling with the pens on the counter, a habit that i should have grown out of by now but i like the little holders and the long chain...i think the funky man in front of me with his north face cap and timberland boots was getting slightly irritated, i thought for a joke i could say to him 'Just give me a lollipop and ill be distracted' but i didnt and just stopped...eventually. THEN i noticed the cutest old man stood behind me, oh my he was so sweet and he looked just like a tortoise! He really did, so much so that when he started to walk i thought he might get on all fours and present a nice big shell...but he didnt. But just looking at him and seeing his dear face got me all choked up, ive got a thing about old men, i start to think about their lives and what they would have been through in the last 70/80/90 years, men whose parents lived through 2 wars potentially...or not and who might have possibly been in one themselves...you know...that kind of thing. He got all confused at the counter when it was his turn as well because he couldnt hear very well, i so wanted to invite him to join me for a cup of tea and a slice of cake, i like tortoises, but i had to get back to work and i dont really drink tea either. Anyway, when he was done i watched him walk over to his wife who was sat down on the chairs with her trolley thing. So that was nice. I wasnt just hanging around in the bank for no reason by the way, playing with the pens and staring at people, i was actually getting some banking done! Just FYI!

Anyway, back to work now, just thought the man deserved a mention as he was very sweet and im sure if he knew his face was cute enough to get a silly pregnant girl such as myself all choked up, he might appreciate it...or not! haha. I dont know, hormones hey!

4 comments:

  1. heehee your so cute holly. i loved reading this. i would have loved to be stood in the banking, watching you watching him and the expressions on your face teehee! bye for now xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have winked at him, that would have made his day!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, yer, but his wife might have hit me with her stick!

    ReplyDelete