Wednesday 11 January 2012

On a more serious note...

...well, not that serious! I thought it would be a good idea to write a few words about myself, my husband and our little sprout.

Tristan and I got married on 08/09/2010 which makes for a very easy anniversary date indeed! It was a beautiful day and we were lucky enough to have been blessed with warmth and sunshine for the duration of our time at Polhawn Fort in Cornwall which is where we got married and spent the week with our families. I met Tristan 5 years ago in Bath, I was out with my darling friend Dora, who consequently is a Hobb Nobb, it was her 21st Birthday you see, so i suppose i have her to thank for meeting Tristan that night. Dora and I were busting out some pretty sensational moves on the crowded dance floor in Moles Club when suddenly this man appeared from nowhere and planted a big smacker on my lips...Id clearly rocked his boat! haha, or not, it didn't matter, i knew then as i do now that he was the one for me, even if he did lack a little bit of modesty! :) I went home the next day and told my mum and Aunty Pamela that i had met the man i was going to marry which at the time swooped over their heads, however, i live to tell the tale and probably will keep doing so until I'm old, grey and repetitive.





Our relationship wasn't the easiest, as Tristan was only in Bath visiting friends over the holidays after having completed a course in Scotland qualifying him as a ROV Pilot. He in fact, live in South Africa so this meant a lot of travelling backwards and forwards for both of us, not that i am complaining for we have so many wonderful memories from those first couple of years that we really got to know one another and some great adventures including trips to Mozambique, Ireland, Indonesia, France etc etc...Alas, with most long term relationships, a decision had to be made, a direction chosen, so on the 15th April 2009 Tristan took me to Cave Rock, his favourite surf spot on the Bluff in Durban (my husband is a VERY good surfer...hes better than a pro) and asked me to be his wife! And of course i said yes! It wasn't a one knee affair, as if it had of been he probably would have fallen off the side and plummeted to his death! So I'm glad he just stayed next to me on the rock! About 6 months after that we moved to Braunton in Devon, got a cat called Trevor and started to set up our little nest egg...




One year later, in September 2010 Tristan and I were wed at Polhawn Fort in Cornwall which is a venue i would recommend to anyone looking for a wedding near the sea. It is beautiful!






One month after celebrating our 1 year anniversary, i found out i was pregnant! That was back in October, and tomorrow i shall be 16 weeks gone! Tristan is alas offshore at the moment, but we have just had a wonderful Christmas together, getting excited about our new adventure and talking about it lots! There have been lots of smiles and giggles. It really is the most incredible feeling in the world and we cannot wait to meet the little sprout and see what he/she looks like. I am already feeling small flutters which is lovely. I've got me a little bump too and cant stop rubbing it! I don't know i am doing it half the time, but instinctively i cant stop touching it trying to send my love and warmth through whenever i can. Just cant wait for Tristan to get home so he can do some more of the same. I am getting in the habit of taking long baths and singing to it as well...which may or may not be to its pleasure! However, until it is able to tell me otherwise, i will continue to sing a medley of tunes when i feel fit! Disney and all!



3 comments:

  1. Oh Holly, you can make me laugh and weep in one post! I cant wait to meet Sprout Bransby and spoil him/her rotten!
    ..And yes, our moves were, and always are, sensational! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very beautiful story of yourself and Tristan.

    I remember him coming back from Bath and telling me he HAS to go too Scarborough (with a glint in his eye). He told me that he had met this beautiful girl but did not mention the KISS on the dance floor.

    I then met you and BOY you were definitely the ONE. I remember telling everyone how beautiful you were but you didn't realise this AND that you had a beautiful spirit.

    You have always been the same Holly and I am very proud to have you as a Daughter-in-Law = real family.

    You will make wonderful parents - I love all three of you very much xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, Sue! Now I have tears in my eyes! :) You will be a wonderful grandmother, as you already are to Lexi and Kayla. Love you lots too. xxx

    ReplyDelete