Tuesday 10 January 2012

Strawberries, Expensive Beef and Johnny Depp...

Sooooo, I should probably start this blog by writing something serious to you all regarding Little Sprout and how I've been feeling etc etc. However, what I am really dying to share with you all my last week in dreams! (So for now I shall entertain myself as I am my only follower! Hoorah!)

Well, now then...where to start! OK, so around a week and a half ago I had a dream that I was a very teeny person, almost like a borrower if you will, and I was walking through long grass. It was almost like a scene from Honey I Shrunk the Kids, when the 'Kids' are in the garden and everything is massive! Like grass stems and ants etc etc...although, I didn't see any ants! Anyhoo, suddenly, I found myself venturing into a strawberry patch! And me oh my, were they healthy looking strawberries. Huge, red, juicy strawberries wearing velvety green hats just ready to be picked and devoured...but of course, I was so teeny I couldn't pick them, or enjoy them...but they did smell sooooo sweeeeet! I don't know why I didn't just nibble one, but I guess it doesn't matter now. That was pretty much it, I was about the size of a greenfly walking through a strawberry patch! NOW THEN...this may seem like nothing extraordinary, after all, strange dreams are not a rarity, HOWEVER when i looked up the meaning of strawberries in my dream dictionary...this is what it said...

To dream of strawberries denotes to a pregnant woman a straightforward delivery of a boy!

WEIRD!!!

A few days passed and there weren't any dreams that jumped out at me nor that I specifically remembered. Until last Thursday when I had the most peculiar dream that I kept visiting a local supermarkets meat counter to look at the beef fillet! I mean, strawberries, a bit random, and even that time i dreamt I was a thimble was weird, but beef fillet!!! Where on earth did that come from, I havent even eaten beef for ages...Back to the dream, I kept going back to this meat counter, always at night to look at the beef! It was very lean i noted and  did look really rather nice as far as beef goes. The problem was it was really rather expensive! However, the man behind the counter who was a large man and very friendly, often stood sharpening his knives, was very chatty and happy to let me loo at the beef...time went on and i finally decided i would buy some of this beef, so i pointed to the piece i wanted, which the butcher kindly weighed for me...and do you know how much it was??? It was £120! And it was only big enough to feed about  5 people! Im not even a big meat eater for goodness sake! I almost fell over for shock of it! SO what I did was i asked him to just cut me a little piece off which took it down to £40 which was better so i bought that instead. I cant tell you how i cooked it or what it tasted like because i woke up. Due to the bizarreness of this dream, i looked it up before work and this is what my dictionary said...

To dream of eating beef is a sure omen of the death of a friend or relative. 

!!! I was glad that i didn't have the pleasure of tasting the expensive beef after reading that, as because i didn't, it makes this invalid! So i think i shall be safe...but it does teach a lesson to you all, if you dream of beef, try not to eat it! 

Now then...LAST NIGHT i did dream of Johnny Depp...If you are reading this Tristan (husband) I'm sorry, i didn't know it was going to happen...it just did! I was quite chuffed though because sometimes you can dream of famous people and you know its them but they have different faces which is a but rubbish really. However, this was the Johnny Depp as we all know him. :) So there i was in this living room, i dont know whose it was, and there were some people in the room, i dont know who. I was sat on the carpet in the corner minding my own business, when Johnny Depp came along, what was strange was that he had a red blanket which he was holding above his head! Walking sideways to get past all the people, he came over to me, so i stood up...because you would really if Johnny Depp walked over to you holding a red blanket about his head wouldnt you? And then...Teeeeeeheeee...he kissed me! Aggghhhhhh! It wasn't anything too elaborate, but he did! He gave me a little kiss! Awww, bless him. Nice man! haha. And that was that really, I woke up to the cat washing himself next to me! So the illusion was soon shattered...



I didnt bother looking up Johnny Depp up in my Dream Dictionary that was written by Edwin Raphael rather a long time ago I should have thought...and to be honest, i think i ony dreamt of him because my friend was telling me his relationship to Vanessa was on the rocks yesterday on my way home from work...a bit more explanatory than Strawberries and Beef Fillet! And i would imagine Johnny Depp is quite high up in the world of dream subjects...This has absolutely nothing to do with my being pregnant really...so i shall bid you all a good night! :) 


4 comments:

  1. These are truly fruity dreams! Keep 'em coming! and I want to see photos of the bump growing!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This is going to make for interesting reading and some lekker laughs as well. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly you crack me up you crazy loon!

    Congratulations to you both on the beautiful baby news, hooray another Mama in da house!!! I'll be following to see that bump so get some pictures up here lady...you should check out my belly! Ready to pop!

    See you in the blogosphere & take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fruity indeed! And meaty too! Thanks Nell, It is so exciting! I love it! I was watching the kids walk to school this morning as i waited for the lights to change and i felt this overwhelming sense of motherhood and responsibility! It was nice! And yes, ive heard you are ready to pop! Amazing how it could happen any second now! I dont mean, just pop out any second, but you know what I mean!

    Tonight i shall share with you all my new pillow! Oh yes, my new pillow! Its VERY COOL!

    Have a good day y'all! x

    ReplyDelete