Sunday 15 January 2012

Lil Sprout Bump...16 weeks, 3 days.

Good evening everyone,
I hope this post finds you well and that you have had a very lovely weekend. I certainly have. I've had my parents down with me here in Devon for the last few days which has been super, Gus my dog came with them which is always a pleasure. He loves a good weekend away. We took him for a beautiful walk along Saunton Beach yesterday which was just delightful, he ran and he skipped and he played about in the sand. Bless him, hes a good boy, I do love him lots. Needs to clean his teeth though! Pheeeeewee!




I challenged my mother to the good task of eating a donut without licking her lips which she assured me she could - no problem. I think it was as she was about to take her second bite that she failed miserably...OH, how we laughed!

Back to baby business... I believe it is accustom for ladies who keep blogs whilst they are preggers to update their followers with pictures of their bump so that they can watch it grow and develop etc...so please, without further ado, let me introduce you to my Little Sprout Bump...

The slouched look...to be adopted around close friends and family. 

The breast view, this is what i see mainly. 

The side view...starting to look like a small mountain. 

I often talk to Lil Sprout about daily issues, current affairs and what to have for dinner.  

Happy mummy.

And there it is! Our little growing baby...or its shell anyway. Now i am aware that there are different theories on being able to tell on what sex a baby is by the way the mother carries it, i think i heard that if its all at the front then its a boy but if the mother goes wider at the sides then its a girl. But at the moment i just have a little bump and to me, its gorgeous and i don't mind not knowing what it is, its just my little bundle and i just LOVE carrying it around with me.

I also had some fun testing out my new pillow...NOW this was really rather difficult to take pictures of, as its so big and the main idea is to be laying down whilst using it, obvs! So, haha, i didnt quite manage to capture it in its full capacity, but if anything, it was fun and particularly comfortable trying...

This gives you a good indication of the sheer size of the Pillow...Its pretty much the size of a grown seal. 

Its just so comfortable, i fell asleep whilst taking this picture!

Leg View...

You may need to warn your husband/partner that on nights that you plan to use the pillow, they will need to make alternative sleeping arrangements! 

As you can see it has endless uses...you can wear it around your neck as a scarf when it is cold. 

You see the trouble i had! It is very large! However, i think you would agree that the fact that i closed my eyes to portray how comfortable the pillow is shows dedication and pure skill. I could do adverts i think...maybe i will.

It was time to to go shopping for a Maternity Bra today, and having had a little look around at these in the past it soon became clear to me how hard it was going to be to find something to my taste. What i mean is, its like shopping for a bra for an elderly person. And thats not to say that elderly people dont wear nice bras, im sure that they are very happy with what they wear, its just not necessarily what a young woman would choose i guess. They're not exactly...very creative or interesting! I mean take a look at this...
!!! SAY WHAT? 

 Ewwww! NO THANKS! And then of course i got confused because i didn't know whether i should be buying a bra in my normal size or one that was bigger? I just don't know about these things! Its really hard! Nobody teaches you these things at school...(although that's probably a good thing come to think of it!). So i finally decided upon a pack of two bras in Mothercare which had slightly more interesting patterns. Actually if you go on their website they have some pretty nice ones in comparison to other places that I've looked...

Now I'm not a pink person but id rather that than the ones above! So there you go...Pillow CHECK, Bra CHECK. So i'm pretty much sorted. What else do i need???...

3 comments:

  1. LOVE those first bump photos- I have been eager to see those! Good choice on the bra front. You should definitely wear that pillow out as a scarf, why wouldnt you?!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Why the hell wouldn't you! Its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have tears running down my face from laughing. You are looking gorgeous btw and most definitely preggers. It suits you, you are glowing.

    Now the PILLOW - Holly you really do need to advertise this pillow, the photo's are priceless AND believe me this pillow will be your friend for many years. It is perfect for a scarf for this time of the year - who would of thought of this application!!!

    As for underwear = a little bit of what you fancy and comfort xxxx

    Loving the BLOG xxxx

    ReplyDelete